Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Prologue


A man (I hope woman too), would do anything to kill TIME (“SOLITUDE” will be more appropriate in my case). Though writing was never my hobby, I was inspired by the recent craze about blogging. Especially after some famous movie celebrities decided to go public with their personal lives and our media person were quick to seize the opportunity to earn some quick bucks by publishing the details. Although I do not blame them (after all it’s their bread and butter), they could divert their energy and tremendous potential to more constructive causes. India as a country has enough problem to worry about then to think over Mr. Bacchhan’s lost baggage or his war of words with Mr.Sinha. Coming back to my writing…should I say typing (I hardly use a pen these days)...I thought over it many times before...even during college days. One of my aunts had also suggested me to write down thoughts in case I feel lonely. But I was lazy enough to never attempt writing (now onwards consider writing and typing as synonyms). Till date what ever I have written had the sole purpose of getting some marks to clear the numerous examinations (read hurdles) that I had to clear (cross) before I became a graduate engineer. And in that writings too mathematical expressions and numbers were more frequent than ornamental paragraphs. This was the reason why I had scored more than 90% in Mathematics but a paltry 65 % in Oriya in class 10th exam. As a novice in this field, I thought that I would be nice if I could get a feedback from my dear friends (who I miss so much). That’s when the idea of blogging came into my mind. Although I never aspire my blog to be as famous as Mr. Bacchhan’s and discussed among the so called Page-3 public, but I desire that some of my friends, who matter more to me than Page-3 public, take time off their busy schedule, if possible, to browse through my blog and give their opinion on my writing as well my points of views. I honestly hope they would do that.

Now, after I decided to blog than another dilemma arises…..what to write about. Coming back to my aunt’s suggestion to write about my thoughts, I would love to do that and most of the times I will do that. But thoughts would come to your mind only if you think. I hardly ever thought about anything that didn’t affect me are anyone I know. But there are many issues that can be discussed and thought over. And if you think deeply about anything, than I bet you will be a much richer person (in terms intellectual property….don’t worry. No government in this world has levied tax on this type of property till now). Thinking as well as writing your thoughts down will also broadens your view points. I also choose writing as it is easier way to spread your thought. You can give as much time as you want to write down your thought and correct as many times as you can till you are satisfied with the content. More over it has an intangible benefit by improving your English vocabulary and grammar. I have been trying to learn it since last 15 - 16 years and yet to maser it. I think enough has been written about the background happenings that made this blog a reality. Now I should divert some of my time to think something to write about in my next post.

But before I do that, I would like to use this opportunity to thank few people / things / corporation who have made blogging (writing, typing…what ever you like to call it) for me a little bit easier. First of all I would like to thank my parents, elder sister and teachers, who provided me education so that I could read and write well (and well enough to share it). My aunt, who had first suggested writing to me. Mr. Bill Gates and his colleagues as well as ex-colleagues at Microsoft Corporation, for developing such wonderful tool as MS Word (which acts as a guide and offers immediately, a correction to my mistakes. MS Excel is equally helpful in office). Indian Oil Corporation, who gave me a loan to buy a laptop, provided me electricity (at a nominal charge of Rs. 16.00 per month) and free access to internet. Numerous books, newspaper articles, their authors as well as publishers for broadening my knowledge so that I can pen down my own thoughts. I would like to thank GOD, for giving me the determination and opportunity to write. I would also like to thank all my friends who have been a part of my life ever since we met and helped me to be the person I am. Last but not the least; I would like to thank and congratulate myself for taking so much pain and spending so much time (which I could religiously use, without any guilt, to doze off…) to write down my thoughts.

I hope I shall develop my writing habit and keep on updating my blog….consistently.

With love
rabindra:

A word of caution: Everything I have written/shall write is/shall be just a personal opinion. I never intend to hurt anybody’s sentiments, intentionally or otherwise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why you underestimate your writing....now i am envious about your writing....my goal post is to write like you.
Coming back to your "prologue" column..certainly people will enjoy this particular piece. But first thing is , you have to let people know that you are writing (typing).

Unknown said...

sahi... grt that u have started typing in our thoughts. Certain things that came across while reading this:
* many times a good thought gets hidden behind inconsequential ones, & eventually fades away. Then we just keep talking abt the same thing & how boring things are around us.
* reminded of the gud things we take for granted & hardly make any use of.
* sharing thoughts this way will atleast stop the mind's ink from drying up

rabindra said...

Abanish & Om: Thanks for your word of encouragement. I hope I will live upto your expectation.
@Om: Your writing as good as mine. But there is a lot of scope for improvement for all of us which I think we will achive.
@Abanish. Why dont you start!!!! A person of your intellectual clarity would add value to any piece of thought.

Anonymous said...

Maths re 90% ru besi marks rakhilu boli garba karuchu???

by the way... what was your overall percentage in 10th and 12th...
am not asking about your engg. marks because i know whatever you got, you did not deserve it ;-)

rabindra said...

i It has to be dinesh...
Overall % in 10th and 12th is too bad to be published in public forum.
You are right. I didn't get what I deserved in Engg..I got much less than what I deserved.

Memories of Paradip

It has almost been 11 years (10 years 10 months to be exact as on date) since I joined Paradip Refinery in 2013. The journey has been long, ...